The Newburyport Republican Committee is a group of Newburyport and other Area residents who are interested in promoting the principles of the Republican Party. Meetings are held regularly at locations throughout the Newburyport area. Our purpose is to promote Republican candidates, issues, and initiatives in Newburyport as well as across Massachusetts and America. Meetings and events are held to learn about issues facing our party and government, meet and show support for political candidates, and to share information regarding local, state or federal Republican activities.
What is the purpose of the Newburyport Republican Committee?
The purpose of the Newburyport Republican Committee is to promote the principles of the Republican State and National Committees and to promote the election of Republican candidates. The goal is to develop a unified, community based organization that is effective in the following:
- Support Republican candidates who are running for local, county, state, and national office
- Recruit local Republican candidates for elective offices
- Provide opportunities for candidates to address the City Committee and the public at open forums
- Elect delegates to the Republican Pre-Primary State Convention
- Assist in fund-raising activities for the Party or candidates
- Election day activities
How often are meetings held?
The Newburyport Republican Committee holds a minimum of 4 meetings a year. Most years the NRCC meets 8-10 times including various social and holiday events. General meetings are held in the evening and last about 2 hours. These meetings are scheduled the second Thursday of the Month. Check our calendar for details.
What are the Republican Principles the NRCC supports?
- A smaller and more efficient government
- Lower taxation at all levels of government
- The principle of fiscal responsibility
- Equality for all American citizens and legal residents of our Country
- Governance and legislation that adheres to the boundaries of the U.S. Constitution